Nikola Pajanović Slovenia, 18, Senior
Nikola Pajanović is from Ljubljana, Slovenia. He studies violin at the Academy of Music in Ljubljana with Professor Gorjan Košuta. In his 11 years of studying violin, he has won 1st place in international competitions 14 times in Czech Republic, Serbia, Italy, Macedonia and Slovenia, such as 1st Prize winner and Laureate of the Kocian Violin Competition. Nikola has played as a soloist with Slovenian and Czech orchestras. Passionate about improving his playing, Nikola has attended violin masterclasses throughout Europe and Israel.
“Participating in a Competition that carries the name of one of the most prominent violinists of all time - Yehudi Menuhin - is a challenge and an honour for every young violinist. I will merge my love of music with years of practice when playing in front of the distinguished members of the Jury, the audience and my co-competitors, and it means the world to me. The experience I will get in Geneva is priceless and I cannot wait for April to come.”
- J.S. Bach Solo Sonata in A minor BWV 1003, Andante and Allegro
- Mozart First movement of Violin Concerto No. 4 in D major, K.218
- Paganini Caprice No. 7 for Solo Violin, Op.1
- Kreisler Tambourin Chinois, Op. 3
- Beethoven String Quartet Op.18, No. 1 in F major
- Yair Klartag Half Tiger, Half Poet
- Wieniawski Variations on an Original Theme
- Ysaÿe Violin Sonata No. 3 'Ballade'