Tianyou Ma China, 17, Senior
Tianyou Ma was born in 2000 in Shenzhen, China and began to play violin when he was three, studying with PingXing Li and Songyang Li in Tianjin and Shenzhen. Following a move to Australia, he gave several concerto performances with the Adelaide Youth Orchestra. After studying with Keith Crellin, he joined the Yehudi Menuhin School in September 2014, where he studies with Diana Galvydyte. He has performed widely as a soloist, chamber musician and orchestral player, and has won prizes at the Postacchini Violin Competition and the Vienna University of Music and Performing Arts International Summer Academy.
Tianyou currently performs on a Guadagnini violin generously loaned to him for the Menuhin Competition by Bishop Instruments and Bows.
“I am extremely excited about this great opportunity to be able to participate in the Menuhin Competition. It is such an honour for me to be able to meet brilliant musicians from all around the world and to share my own music making with them. It really is the fulfilment of a long-held dream for me.”
- J.S. Bach Solo Sonata in C major BWV 1005, Largo and Allegro Assai
- Mozart First movement of Violin Concerto No. 2 in D major, K.211
- Paganini Caprice No. 2 for Solo Violin, Op.1
- Kreisler Slavonic Fantasy
- Beethoven String Quartet Op.18, No. 4 in C minor
- Yair Klartag Half Tiger, Half Poet
- Paganini (transcribed Szymanowski) Caprice No. 21
- Ernst Last Rose of Summer
- Prokofiev Violin Concerto No. 2 in G minor