Geneva’s calendar of events is rich and varied. Throughout the year, Geneva organises more than 15 festivals and many events of international renown. The rich cultural life revolves around 40 museums, 4 of which are unique in the world. An international city like Geneva devotes a large part of its budget to cultural affairs. Supporting creativity in the arts and facilitating public access to culture in all its forms are the principal policy objectives of the Department of Culture and Sport.
- Don’t speak French? Not to worry, here is a directory of all the cultural activities for English Speakers
- Visit the city’s culture calendar “ What’s On” to discover all current & upcoming events; opera season, concerts, dance, museums & theatre
- Discover all the events organized by the City of Geneva
- All the museums & exhibitions on one website
- Geneva’s best kept tips (places to eat & drink & events) on My Big Geneva
- The amazing classical music scene is driven by the Orchestre de la Suisse romande with its new musical director Jonathan Nott & l’Orchestre de Chambre de Genève & its musical director Arie Van Beek